2009 Robin (a short film) 2009 Robin (a short film)

Very touching!

Made me feel very sad and nostalgic; thanks for using my song!

DevintheDinosaur responds:

Hey no problem man! 'Summer at the Monastery' was a perfect match,
and was a wonderful song too! Glad you enjoyed it :)

The Next Floor The Next Floor

Really really fun.

That was awesome. Looking forward to a sequel. I'd love to see more coolinteractions between the weapon types. For example, the push back + 2 laser beam elevator was a great combo, but I couldn't really see the use of turrets late game. Maybe more special effect type guns?

Undertale/Earthbound: Megalo Strike Back (Epic Orchestral Suite) Undertale/Earthbound: Megalo Strike Back (Epic Orchestral Suite)

Cheers, thanks for sharing and welcome to Newgrounds. What string library is that? The piano sounds a little quantized to me - work on phrasing and pedal? Looking forward to checking out more of your work.

TristanGray responds:

Thank you.
When it comes to libraries, vast majority of them comes from East-West and it's Composer Cloud. As for the strings- each instrument in the section contains two layers, of two different libraries layered together. It's not a common practice, but it's just my way.
And that is correct- the piano is quantized, which may not have been the best idea now that I think about it...

Super!Charge!!Action!!! Super!Charge!!Action!!!

Wow, this is great; love that little drop at 1:15, and the lead entry at 2:15. Would love to see a vid of how you put this together.

Demon-Wolf responds:

Thanks for the kind words.

A Dream Of My Own A Dream Of My Own

Hey man, thought I'd share some points from the judging, hope this is helpful.

I had a difficult time judging this, because I felt it was like 30-35 seconds of contest-winning awesome and then you kind of fizzle out. You have a great Tim Burton / Danny Elfman quality to the opening; several other people created music-box textures like this, but yours was clearly the best.

I didn't like your brass entrance or ending here.. it felt like you ran out of ideas and went "ta da". Work on transitions, blending from one texture to another. You proved you can creat a compelling orchestral texture, the next step is to show you can chain them together and really take the listener on a journey.

Looking forward to hearing more of your work!

mmoscat responds:

Hi there!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write these notes, I'm glad you liked the orchestral texture, I'll definitely keep in mind your comment about the transitions when writing a new piece in the style!

I will be adding more music to NG soon :-D